Satellite Dish and RV satellite technology has improved dramatically over the years. Technology has a way of doing that. There are a lot of satellite antennas on the market, but here at TVforMyRV.com we only offer the best of the best most often times the best prices to be found and Winegard is definitely a name that can be trusted. In fact, you'll save a lot on the Winegard Trav’ler Satellite Antenna here at TVforMyRv and you also get FREE ground shipping.
But what makes the Trav’ler a better choice for your RV? Ever wonder why you don't see dome satellite antennas installed on homes? It’s because they simply don't meet performance specifications and requirements for DIRECTV.
So, doesn’t it stand to reason that if you have DIRECTV in your home away from home, the same would apply? You don’t have to sacrifice quality when you’re on the road, the TRAV’LER by Winegard is an automatically adjusting satellite antenna capable of dialing into multiple satellites to provide superior performance for your RV or Motorhome.
The Winegard SK-SWM3 is certified by DIRECTV. What does this mean to the RV market? It means the TRAV’LER satellite dish is going to have a much higher gain and much better signal strength than a dome antenna. The TRAV’LER by Winegard is also compatible with all the latest SWM (Single Wire Multi-switch) HD receivers from DIRECTV.
What are the Clear Advantages to Using the Winegard Trav’ler Satellite Antennas?
• You can watch television programming from up to 3 different satellites at the same time — just like in your home that’s not on wheels.
• You don’t need any extra switches or converters! (Please note: DirecTV no longer is using transponders on SAT 110 and 119 except some local channels in Standard Definition.)
• Required Components like the Power Inserter and Sat Splitter you need, are included in the box with the SK-SWM3.
• All you have to do is turn it on an the Winegard Trav’ler will automatically locate the correct satellites — it doesn’t get any easier than that.
• It’s Compatible with virtually any DIRECTV receiver, including HD and DVR receivers, and the whole home DVR's (the Genie systems HR-34 and HR-44).
• You can connect up to 4 receivers using this antenna.
• Note: this Satellite antenna is for stationary use only, but it does stow at 10" height, which is a suitable travel height for your RV or Motorhome.
Again The Winegard Trav’ler is the ideal satellite antenna on your RV or camper to use with DIRECTV's ultimate reflector dish; which is used for home systems. SWM LNB antenna provides complete coverage of all DIRECTV standard and HD programming. Receives both KU-band (101°) and KA-band (99° & 103°) satellite signals simultaneously. No other mobile antenna is currently capable of receiving KA-band signals!
Posted by Dave Jr on 18th May 2015
make life simple just push one button everything works
Posted by Ed on 10th Jun 2014
The virtues of the Winegard Trav'ler are well known, and the flawless performance of this unit is no surprise to me. I am a complete novice in satellite installation, but I was able to install this unit myself with the assistance of the video on this website and the company owner himself who spent a few minutes on the phone with me as I was preparing to do the install (mainly to tell me I couldn't screw it up). It was a super-speedy, seamless transaction and a great buying experience.
Posted by Unknown on 2nd Aug 2013
This dish replaced my old dome dish in my motorhome. It was very easy to install. The whole job took about 3 hours. Now I have the Genie from Direct TV and this dish work great with it. Thanks for the quick delivery.
Posted by Paul Weaver on 3rd Jul 2013
So far this satellite dish has worked flawlessly. I couldn't have bought a better product.
Posted by Unknown on 27th Jun 2013
I replaced a dome type unit with this one. It is simple and straight forward in design and installation. It is sophisticated in it's technology. One single wire to the control system and one for signal. The reflector size improves weather related signal fade. Oh and HD is always a plus.
Posted by Larry Jowdy on 9th Mar 2013
I added HD TV to my motorhome using this product. In addition, I kept my KVH in-motion non HD satellite dome and, on the exterior of my motorhome garage, I installed a HD permanent mount SWM satellite dish. Via (5) A/B switches, I can have HD in the coach, non HD in motion and, an exterior feed in HD to both DVR's in my coach. Installing the Winegard took less than (1) hour but it took several hours to figure out the sequence of A/B switches then wire it into my coach